Our New Life

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back to my First Love

Tonight while I was at church, I texted my husband, why do I bother coming when I feel so alone when I am here which is not normal.  He texted me back "Well if it is not normal then it would be the reason to go. You're just having an off day."  I was sitting alone with just Sephy, granted there are people all around talking and enjoying each other's company.  But I wasn't talking to anyone just sitting there eating my dinner. I could have gotten up and moved to another spot with other people to talk to but I just didn't really want to move.  In my head I was thinking why didn't anyone sit with us tonight to eat dinner.  Do I smell funny? I know I probably look horrible because my face is broke out. But it hadn't stopped people from talking to me and sitting with me before.  So I was sitting there and we had special guest tonight and listening to him sing it sunk in a little bit.  I needed to be alone, I need to hear God speak to me. We sang a few songs and praised God.  Then the guest speaker spoke to us about unity in the church and how we are all different and don't have a lot in common with everyone.  But we do have our love for Jesus in common.  He talked about getting back to your first love. He wasn't talking about your first boyfriend/girlfriend.  He was talking about getting back right with God. Your love for God.  Your Love for God will unite you with the people around you.  His first way to do this was to challenge the adults (elders) and the young people by the young people need to RESPECT your elders and secondly the elders need to LISTEN.  Then the second point was to get back to Remembering your FIRST love.

So after me going into church feeling alone, I left feeling refreshed and challenged.  So much that I felt like writing again.  It has been a long time.  I have plenty of excuses but I am not going to lay them out for you.  I just want to start getting back to my love of Christ.  Worship him with all my heart and praise him every day.  He needs to be the first thing I do in the morning when I get up.  I need to say Thank you Jesus for allowing me to be alive today. I need to study his word on a more regular basis.  Its nice that in todays world we can have devotions delivered to our emails and cell phones but it gives us the excuse not to sit down in a quite place and just worship him and study the word of God.

I will leave you tonight with a few verses that he shared with us tonight.
1 Corinthians 1:10  I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.
Acts 2:44 All the believers were together and had everything in common.
Revelations 2:2-5 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
   4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

How do you go back to your First Love?? 
Photobucket
New to Our New Life?  Subscribe here or get this blog delivered to your email by clicking here. =)
Bookmark and Share


Beaded Watches

0 Acts of Love..:

Post a Comment