Our New Life

Monday, October 8, 2012

Grandma is always near




My bible started to come apart at the seems.  I have repaired it once before but this time I think it is beyond repair, so I probably will just store it because it is something I treasure.  I love my bible.  But right now it just isn't going to be able to be used.  I just don't want to loose any pages or it to tear up even more.  So for now I will use my Grandma B's bible.
This is my broken bible

She gave me this bible back in 2003. She had it since 1994.  It has her underlines in it and highlights. I have only used it a few times.  It is big, heavy, and large print.  I have just kept it safe because I will always cherish it, now that she is gone.


Well today I decided to take it with me to church to use because I try really hard not to go to church without a bible.  Today Bro Gene preached in 1 John.  He has been going through 1 John for some time now.  I have my bible all marked and ready to go.  But with this bible I had to do some searching.  The text today was 1 John 3:16-24  My Grandma had highlighted 1 John 3:16 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." 

She knew how important this verse is and wanted to make sure she remembered it.  I am glad that I took her bible to church with me this morning.  It helped me remember that one day I will be with her again sitting with our Lord! 

Photobucket
New to Our New Life?  Subscribe here or get this blog delivered to your email by clicking here. =)
Bookmark and Share

0 Acts of Love..:

Post a Comment