Our New Life

Thursday, May 20, 2010

We are just Home Schoolers.

Persephone came home from school yesterday and decided she doesn't want to go back next year.  She was really upset.  This isn't the first time.  She doesn't have friends. She is always telling me that everyone makes fun of her. My heart breaks when she tells me these things.

We had a deal and if she wanted to try out school here then she had to stick it out until the end of the year (which is now Monday instead of Today). She liked the school's art based programs, which I did too. Their lack of communication between home and school are really bad.  Persephone wanted to try out for cheer leading. Instead of them sending the note home with everyone they gave it to a few people in her class and she wasn't in her class at the time. I tried for 4 days to get the information sent home. I sent a note and called and they said they would send it home. Finally Wednesday comes which is one of the try-out days and guess what she is now to late.  That is what made her so mad. (This was just the straw that broke the camels back. We have had more issues through out the school year just I have kept them to myself.)  She knew she couldn't do anything this year because she started school here late and knew there was next year.  Now she just doesn't want to have anything to do with school.  She told me I just like homeschooling because at least I don't have to worry about my feelings getting hurt.

Her Daddy asked her what she didn't like about school.  This is what she told me she told him:
The food is horrible, The kids always fight,  They make fun of me, It is boring, They don't follow through with what they say they will do.

My husband is very demanding about her education.  He knows she will get a better education at home because we will cater to what she needs.  He told me that she can go back to homeschooling but she will have to work harder.  I kind of laughed because the whole reason she is bored at public school is because she has to repeat everything she has already learned at home from home schooling and not to mention I think Mississippi schools might be a little further behind in when they should be teaching the students what.  I told him that it probably wont be to hard to get her in the 6th grade for this year and on track where she should be for her age since public schools and their assessments have held her back a year.

We are just meant to be home schoolers. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
Photobucket
New to Our New Life?  Subscribe here or get this blog delivered to your email by clicking here. =)
Bookmark and Share

0 Acts of Love..:

Post a Comment