Our New Life

Sunday, June 6, 2010

You cant get Oranges from a Lemon Tree




Today, my pastor was preaching in Galatians.  It got me thinking, do I sow goodness in my family and my friends.

I tend to feel that I do. I sure hope that I show it through my actions. 

I have always shown goodness to others even when they do not show it to me. 









I teach my daughter that you have to treat everyone with kindness, no matter how mean they might be to her, if she shows her the kindness she wants to see then it will shine through and in the end they will treat you the same. 



My pastor said that if you sow something like turnips then you will get turnips in the end. You can’t expect to get squash if you planted turnips.  To me he was saying if you plant in others what you want in return then you will get that in return. 




In the end if you plant a Lemon tree don’t expect to get oranges because it isn’t going to happen. 

Galatians 7-10: 7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.


Photobucket
New to Our New Life?  Subscribe here or get this blog delivered to your email by clicking here. =)
Bookmark and Share


I wanted to share this post with iFellowship so I linked it for today.
 iFellowship

0 Acts of Love..:

Post a Comment